R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Anyone interested in 1/8 on road in AZ?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 10:36 PM
4F1Racing
Tech Regular

I am sorry I haven't been a part of the friday night shows at SRS. Each and every time I have been there it has been fun for me. I use that track almost every saturday morning to run my 1/10th scale cars I am testing and also keep my 1/8th scale in trim.... not easy track for the 1/8th... but some fun.

I will be trying to get more involved in the racing here. In addition to my autobrokage business I opened an online hobby shop. The focus of this shop is to get cars at different price levels so we can get that beginner, who can't afford mtx4's and etc, but wants to race an on road car.... then have cars that they can continue to grow into..... this has been a concept of mine... and yes even a dream of mine to do in order to help this sport grow. I presently sell about 20 to 30 cars a month on this internet store. Stupid LHS's shops here have yet to figure out how hot this exciting hobby is to people just starting to look in and just becoming owners of a car.

SRS is a good place to race because it is the only place....lol... best I can say for this track... sorry.... Great for the electrics.... but not nitro... but like Jo said.... it's the only game in town so we should go there until "we" make a new game. Easy to bitch about things... a little bit harder to make something new happen.

I am surprised I may say by the number of people saying they would like to get something going here in the valley.... trust me so would I! A club can easily be put together, however as mentioned by someone else it takes those people who are prepared to be loyal every week to the club. When I lived in No.Ca. and had the rams club, we had a policy it you were not there to put upthe track, or tear down the track you got no practice time. You paid your entry fees and ran your heats and main only.... not even practice between sessions.... if you didn't help twice in a row... you didn't get to race the next week.... period.... gets rid of the premadonnas who don't help any sport what so ever.

To get the club a Roar affiliate is easy and very necessary due to insurance coverage. You will need the coverage no matter where you hold the races... parking lot or a mall because the owner of the property needs to be covered for liability.

Locations should not be looked at low traffic areas... don't care how pretty the pavement... if you are in one of these areas and you have 5 racers this week... guess how many next week... yep 5... lol Put weekly event on mall property and that's how you get over 100 members like the rams club... did this 20 years ago... worked then ... will work today.... think of this... how many each week at SRS???? same thing!

Getting together some where other than SRS is a good idea. After the race most want to go home or in a hurry... those truly interested in starting a club might just start the first commitment to this by making time one day during the week to get together and verbally state what they are willing to commit to and then we can develope plans from there... so far all has been talk... and Jo I love you man.... but going to SRS as faithfully as you have done for four years has brought your total of racers to a non-existent level..... It is time to take the next step... and I mean really take the next step...not just talk....

Guys, you are talking here to someone that loves this sport and I am at an age and time in my life where I am going to and can devote my total interest to this sport. ie... my internet store and other future plans with this locally... traveling to races to continue to support others that devote themselves to promoting races and this hobby....

Let's make it happenhere in Phoenix.... WE NEED A FEW GOOD MEN!!!!! LOL
ANYONE CAN CALL ME AT ANY TIME... 480-567-2560... Have a great holiday and christmas to all of you.... God Bless you and your families from Wendy and I.