R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Longer TC Races...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:22 PM
T. Thomas
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
There's good and bad points that we all have. I personally would like to racing be more inline with japan. We've all had a chance to see 8 min. mod races and 23turn 8 min. races. Our equipment was not designed for 8 min races, not true. Thats the way we set things up. About one car blowing away the rest of the field. That just means everyone else should start practicing more. Where I race, and I know in Socal, there is usually 2-5 cars on the lead lap. Another thing about race days being to long. Ask the race director to run a tighter program. Just like usual, so many r/c people complaining. Don't knock it till you try it. Then you'll find out we have all technology needed to run 8 minutes. I think in california, in 2006 we should hold a 23 turn nationals with rules like they use in japan. My .02 cents.
Japan has also hinted to the fact that they will be lowering the MOD A's back down to only 5 minutes. At this years Nats, they might have ran 12 turn motors in mod but with the timing turned up to 40 degrees. Can you imagine the wear those motors had after 8 minutes?

Originally Posted by Davenport
shoot where I race the top five in the A are always within 10 secs of each other. One more minute of racing could really change things.
I have learned that the fast people are still the fast people when adding time to races, the same people still won, just with a larger margin between them and the rest of the field. I have been racing since the late 80's early 90's, the time when the racing went from 4 minutes to 5 and like I said, the same fast people still win, they do not get slower and the slower people get faster, everyone has to adjust their driving, not just one group.