R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tire choice for parkinglot racing?????
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2002, 03:41 AM
Im2lazy
Tech Master

I agree with most of what you guys are saying, but,
InitialD
RS4's can't adjust their rear toe angle to be more than two degrees, And the RS4's swaybars, unfortunately, don't do anything to the car when the car is set to race height. i could put a purple swaybar in front (stiffest) and take it out of the front, and there would be no difference really. so those adjustments can't do much. and I only tightened the rear diff once I found I had a tire setup that had too much traction.

But once firearm gets some shoes that grips the track like suction cups, then he may need to thicken the rear to be able to rotate the car onpower more easily.

Freakah,

I've had that too-much-traction-for-the-track problem, but he's not going to have that problem with his v-radial pro compound tires. And his problem is exiting the corner so it is not his rear droop, which means he may not have enough front suspension droop, but I kind of doubt it . And for me, when I got 40R's on my Nitro RS4, it skated around on our 130degree track surface. I was fast, but it was so unbelievably loose . I stuck 36R's and I had the usual too much traction, but at least I was more consistent. Until the last lap of my 15 minute main , I swear, the tire's overheated! . I wish Sorex had 38R's and I wish HPI had inserts one step harder than the med-hard blues. One can dream