R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships
Old 11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Heres my memorable moment form this years champs. Its not a good one-but I think a lot of guys can relate. I was 5 laps into the Main and a bit of a rocky start. I had somehow chunked my right rear tire so left turns were a little hairy. Anyways-so Starkey and Espo have just come together and i am about to inherit 2nd or third spot in one shot. Espos either stopped or about to get going right after the chicane that leads to the short chute. I dive under Espo and am right against the wall. As I pass Espo I am pumped-looked like a clean pass, not a sound of me hitting Espo's bodywork and no sound of hitting the wall either. As my car speeds away from the pass and I arced up the track to set-up for the left hander-my front left wheel well is empty-yup-sheared the entire suspension, wheel, arm, caster block is all gone, but car is flying fast.................

Thats a weird visual let me tell you YOur car appears to be normal and yet its not. I was like "NO F-----N WAY" Sucked-let me tell you!!