R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Saint Louis carpet racing!!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 08:56 PM
GMSchmidt
Tech Adept

Well - at this point I'm pretty hooked on the smell of Pargon. So, how will the rubbers work with Paragon on them????

I have never run on rubber unless it was on dirt and had a .21 pushing 3 horse power over a double double- so I really can't add alot to that debate.

As far as Stock, 19T or Mod - I'm all for upping the horsepower. But, I have to admit that running stock and lacking unlimited power has taught me about turns scrubbing speed if they are taken wrong. In other words, because the motors have a limit to the power, I think more about how my stock motor won't recover fast enough if I scrub too much speed around a corning. This is a good learning exercise for new guys like me.

I'm actually having a good time running stock - but - not using brakes is eliminating an important part of racing. I feel like I'm learning a great deal from onroad, but I could really benefit from some learning regarding braking. My guess is Onroad Gas requires brakes much like Offroad Gas. So, with stock during the winter, we are not practicing something important to our summer success (could be way off on this, so correct me if I'm wrong)

Final point - seems like batteries become less detrimental outside of stock. May be a way to save on batteries.

Let's hear from some guys that know what their talking about: