R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Dyno
Thread: RC Dyno
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:42 PM
browncolin
Tech Rookie

Default RC Dyno

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and new into RC. I'm interested in finding more about the technical side of of the sport and am considering building myself a small dyno (dynamometer) to collect some simple data (speed, acceleration, voltages, temperatures etc. Does anyone have any experience of this field or have any ideas as to the route this project should take.

In my Job, I have access to high speed temperature and voltage measurement equipment. Really, I just need a simple and inexpensive method of getting the car running. I need it to be on a dyno so that I can collect the data in close proximity to the equipment.So far, I've decided to make a simple roller design (with an optical encoder), but I'm unsure if there are any issues i'm missing. So please, pass any advice you have my way and I'll have a think.

With any luck, this can turn out to be a useful project for us all. I hope to document the whole process online as I go along, so plans will be freely available. You're input would be very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Colin Brown