R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - IS RC-TORO GOOD?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Artificial-I
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocca30
eveytime i heard of a motor go bad ,it never the motor s fault it the way you ran it. it never the manufactor s falt. you must have got to hot. a novarossi is a novarossi doesn't matter where it came from.
Actually you can get a bad motor right from the start. I just got a motor that had some obvious problems with the con-rod right off the bat.

Reasons why everyone says to take apart a brand new motor and check it out completely , then clean it and lube it before firing it up.

Even though some like to live on the premise that its perfect from the factory and I would go as far to say they are. But no one has 100% perfection rating and if they do there motors would be the hottest ticket for drivers since it would always mean you would finish a race with a motor , minus human error.

Also looks aside , a motor might look perfect but the metal might not of been formed correctly and there can be hidden problems that you cant see till later. Unless these people start xraying parts as well and sound testing them for stress areas.....we will always have bad motors.

Usually the only people who go this far is F1. Where as F1 is the largest most advanced racing sport in the world with amazingly large budgets to further advance and preserve there technology and race cars.