R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - R/C Tech Live @ the 2005 US Indoor Championships
Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Todd Putnam
Tech Regular

Team Putnam Propulson's Jeff Dayger Wins the US Indoor Champs in Cleveland!!!

Starting from 8th on the grid, Jeff Dayger put in one of the most incredible drives I've ever witnessed. After qualifying deep in 8th, Jeff looked to his team mates at Corrally for some chassis help. He felt his car was off a bit, and after a major overhaul and rebuilding from the ground up by Chris Tossolini and Rob Michaels, he set down an entirely new animal for for the main...but his work was cut out for him.
After clearing the 2nd thru 7th palce cars, he had to run down TQ Jeff Cuffs who had stretched out about a full straightaway lead. In an incredible driving display, he was able to do just that, and pass him for the lead with about a minute remaining. It was an awesome dog fight for about 3 laps between Cuffs and Dayger before Dayger was able to pass him and get away for his first US Indoor Champs Title in Touring Stock.

Congrats to Jeff Dayger on an awesome job! I gotta thank Chris Tossolini, Rob Michaels,Mo Denton, Jeff Cuffs and the rest of Team Corrally for helping Dayger get his car sorted out for one of the most exciting victories I've witnessed.

Now, I'll apologize in advance for the info-mercial. I used our latest release, Putnam Propulsion #EFB-190-C brush combination, in conjunction with our yet to be released comm drops in Jeff's Touring Car handout motor as well as in Mo Denton's handout motor. Mo qualified 4th and finished 9th, and was a huge asset as well. Thanks again guys!!!

Congratulations to all the winners, it was a tight field and even tighter racing.
Oh, and a HUGE Thankyou to Jim Hermann for catching Jeff Dayger's radio after he threw it in his post-race celebration!!!