R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mental aspect of racing???
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 05:22 AM
HardcoreRC
Tech Rookie

Really interesting thread. I like it!!

My prep goes something like this:-

I do all my car prep at the track on the day so that I know that nothing has happend to the car on the way. I do a few practices waiting till the quickest guys go out to have a play then I go out and try to overtake them or stay with them (sometimes putting a faster motor in just so I can psych out the guys). What this is doing is boosting my confidence and if you overtake them it knocks them down a peg or 2.

I smoke lots of dope in my normal life and this also helps me in racing, Before I go out for any qualifiers I roll a litttle smoke (1 skin) and have a few draws on it depending on how long before my run I start it. This seems to help increase my level of concentration but also relax's me.

I go onto the rostrum in every run believing I can TQ and win the meeting. I think self belief or PMA is the way to go and setting yourself goals like 'I know if I just have a clean run I can beat 'whoever'.

I am now trying out 1/12th scale racing atm and I am hoping to train my brain to concetrate for 8mins rather than 5, then when the outdoor season starts again and I go back to TC (5mins racing) I am hoping to find it very easy to concentrate for 5mins.

I have the same problem with blinking but if my eyes aren't watering I don't even think about blinking I find it too difficult to do.

In finals I feel a bit of nervs never hurt me as said above it gets the adrenilin going and can push you on to go faster. Adrenilin and fun is the name of the game isn't it.

So my suggestion are PMA, training your brain and smoking LOADS!!!