R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2002, 04:26 PM
HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Tech Master

Originally posted by patelladragger
funny you should ask - I just broke in the STS mod last night and will break-in a sirio today. I'll let you know. The STS felt promising.

Right now I'm thinking the j-tech pixie is the strongest legal engine of the ones I've tried. I've started leaning the bottom and it's all there trying to work with the powerband on this engine though - it's a tricky one. If I had a high traction track it would be a great engine.

Still - putting a mega .15 outlaw pipe (along with RB carb) on that collari 5 port woke up a sleeping giant. That thing was still yanking all over the place on a small track with 18/22 pinions - I don't know if I just hit on a perfect tune or what but that's the fastest .12 I've driven hands down. I wish ROAR would change the crappy rules so I could run the darn thing. It's in the pit box now.

I just sent the piston/sleeve to osrocket on a jp ts1 to see what I'd get out of it. The compression wasn't down, and the engine wasn't old, for 20 bucks I just wanted to see cause it didn't seem to me the jp was anything special at all. Came back very tight but after a few tanks it is ripping much better.

I will say this though, after spending a little intimate time with the Mrs. Mrx - ALL THEM .12's are MOLASSES!!!!!!!!!!
I was gonna ask if ya got that 1/8th yet.

the track I race at doesnt go by any definate rules, more of run what ya brung
I have a OS TR Richey Modified "one of the last he did" runs awsome, but is nothing like my MS evo4 .15bb in my Impact, was thinking on getting an 1/8th myself as well but I am waiting to see what the track owner does, he might be building an 1/8th track
If he does I am there