R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best Way to Reinforce TC Bodies?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Lux Graphics
Tech Apprentice

Default Best Way to Reinforce TC Bodies?

Hey folks!

I've been living/racing/painting in Los Angeles for 3 years & just moved to PA. I know this sounds crazy, but here they go INSIDE and race TOURING CARS on CARPETS for the winter!

It's been a lot of fun A major learning experience for me and actually for most of my local track's racers this is our first indoor or TC experience. As the resident Paint Pro, I am supposed to be the body expert. And it turns out, TC racing is pretty darn hard on bodies! I had it down to a science, how to strengthen and prolong the life of an off-road body, but this is a new type of abuse and to be honest I'm surprised. How can they get so wasted with no triples or whoops?

What is the best way to reinforce the front of these bodies? I've heard strapping tape, duct tape, Shoe Goo, drywall tape/paste. What method will prevent the inevitable cracking and/or paint flaking the longest? I know about filling in the gap between bumper and body. Any other techniques?

We've all been experimenting at my track with the bodies I've done. But really, it's my job to know this stuff. It's part of what they are paying me for

Help?

Thanks folks,

Chris Hults
Lux Graphics