R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STOCK motor forum
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 02:57 PM
the_barbarian
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Need help guys, How do you center a magnetic field in a stock motor? A friend showed me a stock motor without the shims in both bushings and the armature was still hitting the endbell bushings.
Im the guy with this stuffed can

the motor was a fast one until I did 350+ laps continusly with 13 packs over 6 hours only stopping for a smoke between runs

this can is pulling the armature across to the end bell without any shimming the armature is about 2mm from the front of the motor when you take the endbell off

we tried zapping it with a thunderrc zapper if that was done correct I have no idea but it didnt seem to fix the magnetic feild

im not having a winge about my motor being wrecked as I was punishing it to see how far it would go and after 6 hours I was still doing 13.2 second laps at the Sydney Windsor track Dan will tell you for stock 13.2 is pretty fast.

all i wanted to see is if zapping the can correctly would return the armature to the center of the can.

cheers

Hyperform motors 350+ laps continusly and still pull sick lap times how mad is that