R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 10:00 AM
whynot
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The Niftech tool is worth it's weight in gold.

For centering you hold the bar flat against the side of one rear wheel and adjust the rod so it touches the side of the chassis and lock it into place. Then hold the bar against the other rear wheel and see if the rod is touching or how far it is either not touching or overlaps the chassis by and that's what you adjust out.

The brilliance of the tool, though, is for setting toe and camber. The bars are clamped onto the axles, one bar has a hole and thumb screw clamp for the rod at one end (this one you use for the centering procedure) and the other bar has a scribe mark where the matching hole would have been. I can't really explain the process, but you are checking the relationship of the end or the rod to the scribed line at 180 degree apart measuring points. Once you've tried it the process really goes pretty easily.

I'm sold. Plus you couldn't ask for nicer folks than Ray and Julie at Niftech. I've got a bunch of their product on various cars and it is all top top top shelf quality. I just wish they could take credit cards or at least set up a PayPal account.

Scottrik
I am thinking of getting one which size would I need for a t-fource.I live about 1/2 mile from niftec wonder if I can call and just go ove there and get it.
mike