R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2005, 08:53 AM
Oasis
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

For carpet a 3mm chassis is a must have,I have a few pro4's and my BMI car is really fast in 19T and stock.I do run sway bars(the 1.6mm)front and rear,In my testing with the Pro4 I did come close to the lap times(of the BMI car) with a 2.5mm chassis using the 2.5mm top deck,I'm sure with a bit more track time with the stock car i could match the lap times.The problem with set ups is the way You want your car to work and the way I want My car to work may not be the same.. I run pretty much the stock set up as far as droop and ride height go.I run 50wt front and rear,Gold springs in the rear and the white up front,4 deg.caster blocks.I run the stock pivot blocks(2.5 F,3 R)I have tried running the 2 and 2.5 in the rear but found that i have to run a softer tire in the rear and that slows the car down in the corners.One thing I have found is this car is body sensitive,On carpet the Mazda 6 has to much down force,The 3.0 stratus was good(I felt that it was a bit lose on exit with my set up)The G6 was way lose(It Did work great on foams)The body I found that worked best was the Nemesis for carpet.Something to think about when testing at a new track is by changing bodys you can really make some huge changes by just changing the body..For asphalt the Mazda 6 and the stock set up rocks..