R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:11 PM
ttso
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashby
The YRX-12WE has a thinner chassis with more cutouts than a 12L4 but the most important difference between the YRX-12WE and the 12L4 is the battery placement. The batteries on the Yokomo are the furthest from the centerline of the car, than any other 1/12th scale car. That feature, along with the more flexible chassis, is what makes the YRX-12WE a very good asphalt car. We did some testing with a 12L4 on asphalt by taping the batteries in the car with them hanging out of the battery slots away from the centerline and the car worked much better on asphalt than with the batteries in the stock position. The car worked so much better that JRRC went out and bought an YRX-12WE that next week!! The regular YRX-12 has the batteries in the same position as the 12L4. Only the WE model has the wider battery spacing.
I'm not very familiar with weight transfer in 1/12, but in TC more inline weight placement help car to change direction faster. However I dont really feel the difference of traction.

So by saying moving battery outward on chassis would help 1/12 on asphalt, means better traction? or something else? If the traction is better, would CRC CK have very bad asphalt traction since the bettery is in very center of the car.

I'm curious because I mainly play on asphalt but I dont like saddle battery, but if inline battery would hurt the performance on asphalt, using T-bar seems the only way to go on asphalt...