R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1FK05
Thread: Xray T1FK05
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedo
Has anyone else running the Serpent shocks noticed that they are stiffer than the Xray shocks? I think it is due to the use of two o-rings instead of one. The piston holes are virtually the same size, and the difference between the inner diameter of the shock body and the diameter of the piston is also virtually identical.

I think this may cause the car not to be as free as it should. I've been having trouble with it being too stuck in the corners, and I'm wondering if this could be the cause. I'd like to try replacing one of the o-rings with a spacer instead, but unfortunately the C-clips in the shock bottoms are tiny and almost impossible to remove. Anybody know of the correct tool for the job? I made some somewhat makeshift pliers for the diff-C-rings by filing down a pair that was too big I bought at Sears. With the rings so small however I think the proper tool is needed.

Josh
Do you think 1 or 2 step lighter shock oil will help...? Sounds like you are talking about the rebound reaction of the shock is slower due to 2 o-rings design......just try to learn and help here.