R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread
Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 AM
burbs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My Local tracks have always had a seperate class for stock racers.. the fast guys run stock foam, and the average guys runs stock rubber.. the rubber tires keep the cost down and the feild pretty level..Before they went to foam they had stock and pro stock rubber..

I dont run touring anymore, but i did for a few years.. I would rather go to a big race and see an a main stacked with big names.. If i was fortunate enough to make the show, or at least be somewhere in the middle of them big names i would feel alot better about my accomplishments then if i was in the middle of average guys..

Rc racing at a national level is a sport.. its not a hobby..It is where manufacturers make there names and money..This is how it is.. Wins sell products..I run 4 cell oval stock. This class comes down to who can tune a chassis the best .. you can only go so fast with 4 cell..I see it week after week, guys who use average equipment and there close to the top int he classes..

If you really have skills, you shouldnt worry about who runs the class.. sugar coating classes so everyone can walk away feeling good is not what this sport is about. Tell me this would you rather tell your buds you went to a national race and beat john doe, or would you rather say you were 2 seconds off guys like smyka,cuffs ect..

the fact of the matter is we need these big players in every class. Name like this not only give us something to shoot for , but it makes us try harder.. If you ask any racer out there who si competitive they eventually want to get sponsored.. doing well against these guys will definatley get you closer to that goal..

Last edited by burbs; 11-17-2005 at 01:19 AM.