View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
Juan Valdez
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If your willing to consider spending money on a new kit, then I would instead consider working on your JRX-S. Since you are running rubber tires on asphalt, try the Josh Numan Reedy Race set up that everyone suggests. I am running a modified version of it on carpet with rubber tires, and it is very easy to drive. It would be a whole lot cheaper to spend the money to set the car up with the Numan setup. All you need are the BK brackets ($10-15 from the guys in the JRX-S thread), springs ($2.50 a pair at most), pistons ($2 for four of them, I think), shock oil, and Losi spool pads (or 200 grit sand paper?) to make a spool. If you don't want to make a spool, just try using a diff. It is easy to set the car up this way, and will save you money, which would be better spend on practice time. Try this, and if you have questions, ask in the JRX-S thread or the Todd Hodge thread. If you don't get answers there, feel free and PM me. I'm no expert, but I'll try to help.