R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-4
Thread: Mugen MTX-4
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:38 AM
Bad Mika
Tech Regular

Default Engine for my MTX-4

Originally Posted by Chris West
If its out of those 2 go for the FX-R03 it will have longer run time due to having 3 ports not 5 like the R05 and Id think it would last longer as well and its a legal engine in my country im not sure what the rules are at your club. by the sounds of it your not new to these engines I run a Novarossi RR12L3 which ive found really good so far it keeps up with all the JP powered cars at my club but there is a new version of this engine called Novarossi N12LL3 which has 4 grooves in the piston instead of 2 for extra lubrication and engine life. The JP's are modified and as some people ive heard say that JP's are ticking time bombs but haven't had one yet.

Chris
Hi Chris, Jez, Thanks !

Oops, i made a mistake, it's FX12-T03 and FX12-T05. In my country, we're not limited to 3 ports or no rules on outlaw items currently.

Hi Chris, is your Nova RR12L3 a modified or tuned version ? One of my LHS guys used a N12LL3 Tuned and it was ballasticly fast !

By the way, what do you mean by ticking time bombs ? Explosively fast like a bomb or has a short life span ? Thanks...

I haven't tried a JP yet... thought of getting one cause the MTX4 handles so well and can handle and throttle through crazy racing lines that i thought of putting a JP into this baby ! I'm using a NovaMax modified right now...

Happy Racing !