R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MT12 RS12 RB12 and other engines tuning tips
Old 10-07-2001, 07:30 AM
disaster999
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: regarding fuel nitro etc

Originally posted by ozzyNEOdriver
the more nitro the cooler the engine? no way man, nitro burns the hottest, it will make your engine hotter. you also need a cooler plug the more nitro %. if you want cool run 5%

don't go higher than 20% anymore isn't needed.

plus remember that you won't notice a diff if you increase by 5%

just stick with 15 or 16% type nitro mixtures and use degummed "klotz" racing castor oil. your engine is probably overheating cuz it has a nice and burnt layer of castor oil residue in the motor. take it apart, clean the castor oil varnish it WILL have stuck everywere in the engine, put together, add after run, spin then run with klotz degummed. DONE .
i took the engine apart quite a lot of times to clean it..and it always so clean that theres absolutly no oil left in the engine..then i re-lub everything...but then....it always over heat....i dont think is the "burnt layer" you mentioned thats causing all these...i think its just my tuning skills is not good..thats y i want to know how to tune it!

and your saying that its because the castor oil is causing all this...well...all nitro fuel contains some sort of castor oil...so..your sujesting me that to take apart the engine every runn and clean it?

Last edited by disaster999; 10-07-2001 at 07:33 AM.