R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread
Old 11-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Soviet
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sesimon
"It isn't about entitlement. If I race formula lites on the weekends, I shouldn't have to run with Micheal Shumacher sandbagging at the big show. And like I stated, this does NOT apply to every-day run of the mill club racing."

I just came across this thread and have read quite a bit of it. OK, so with this remark, your saying that for instance with the Chili Bowl Nationals they shouldn't allow Tony Stewart to run in it even though there are less experienced drivers and no name drivers that can beat him and that have beat him. This is crazy, its up to a driver to raise to the level of their competitors. Why should the competition have to lower down to the level of the less experienced. Thats the whole reason for having qualification and different mains, to separate the difference in skill level among the drivers. If factory drivers want to run in stock, then so be it. The rest of the people will have to step up their own game in order to compete with them. If it weren't for that competition we all might as well be backyard beating and just driving by ourselves on the track.

Who's Tony Stewart???

Just kidding.

Yup...good point. I suppose there is no real way to make things "fair." Or in the converse, no way to do so without creating a zillion different classes with a zillion different "winners."