R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread
Old 11-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Greg Sharpe
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here's my late night 2 cents...

Anyone who thinks stock is as expensive as mod simply hasn't run mod very often. They'd change their mind for sure.

Stock class at national events is about consistency. Only the very best drivers can be hyper-consistent.

When the entire class is running the same motor, it boils down to the details. Details are where the money comes from in this industry. Batteries matter. The motor man matters. The car matters. Even the bearing quality matters. It's absolutely no surprise that companies selling these products and services will sponsor (fund) the very best drivers to represent their products. Stop hating on the best drivers in stock, after all, we never hear any of those drivers complaining themselves. We're just standing on the outside looking in, acting all jealous!

With that said, I believe it is more fun racing with more power than stock has to offer. Money is an issue for me though, and the local Mod scene is pretty weak .... I only get to run stock and 19T. Guess what, it's still fun to race, even in Stock, with only a remote chance of winning!