R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The "Thats it!!! Get the F_*K out of Stock!!!" thread
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
PitCrew
Tech Elite

I have seen this type of discussion before....

Stock is NOT the beginner class. There is a class called NOVICE for beginners!!!

Look at Nascar. THose cars are "stock", but we all know they are not stock in any way. But they must conform to certain rules and guidlines that somewhat even out the field. Yet there are certain guys that are faster than others.

And this comes down to the "Its only fun if I have a chance at winning"? You do have a chance at winning! Practice. Who do you expect to beat if you can't put down consistent laps?

And, if you wan't to seperate the "Fast" guys from your class you like to run, what happens when you start winning? Pretty soon you are the "Fast" guy in stock and somebody else will want you out. SO there you go running mod, getting smoked even worse by the guys you didn't want to run against in Stock.

I personally run 19t or mod whenever I can. Sometimes I have to run stock because thats all there are people to make a class. However, it should be my choice to run whatever I want to run, besides NOVICE which is for the inexperienced driver.

If I practiced, put in my time learning, paid the money to have competitive gear, then there is nothing that should preclude my entry into stock to kick butt if I want to. If a guy gets upset over losing to someone who drives better, then maybe this isn't the sport for you, or any sport for that matter. Go play video games where you can feel better about yourself after getting beat by a computer. Cause you know, computers can be pretty smart.