R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Electric MT for my 5 years old doughter ...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:07 AM
rd4015
Tech Rookie

Hey
Kudos to you to get your daughter involved with your hobby!

I would suggest the Team associated RC18T RTR. Mainly because its got everything you need to run and it goes pretty quick too. I like mine a lot because you can turn the throttle endpoints down and run it inside quite easily. If you are running inside and good upgrade to get is the RPM Wide bumper, it protects the weak plastic shocks from head on collisions. It replaces the stock bumper and has a lifetime warranty.

The Evader is also a good choice. I got the RTR w/ESC for Christmas last year. The stock motor is pretty weak as well as the ESC. I found both to heat up a lot while running it. I got a 27T stock motor, and the ESC couldnt handle it, so I had to get a new ESC too. The 1 year parts warranty is great (Stress Tech Guarantee). I used it as a spare parts generator, so as I broke something I would buy a replacement and send the broken part in and got a free replacement part in case it broke again.

I don't know much about the Stampede, except that it looks awesome as a first truck.

Good luck with your decision.
rd4015