R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
beerbarron
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DDBadger
I just purchased my first tourning car a Factory Team TC4 off of E-Bay. This is the 4th car that I have purchased off of E-Bay along with many other things, and this is the first time I have been burned by someone on E-Bay. The car was listed as driven for one battery pack so it was in new condition, and was built by a professional. After I waited 2 weeks for him to ship it I found out that it was built by a professional clown. I can't believe what a terrible job this guy did. About one third of the screws were not near being tight, one third had the head stripped out, and the other third had the threads stripped out. The differentials felt like there was sand in them. The threads on 2 of the brackets that hold the sway bar was so bad you could pull it off with your fingers.

Well enough complaining, because I am stuck with it, and have made very good progress on getting it back into running shape. I am having trouble getting the diffs working smooth. I have built them with the steel outdrives. I am able to get one to turn nice and smooth, but I can't get the other one even close. I have taken them apart over and over again switching parts back and fourth and I am guessing that one of the diff ring gears is just not right. Has anyone else had this problem, tomorrow I am going to get a new set of diff balls and give that a try, but any suggestions would be great.

Also, I will be racing my car on carpet with rubber tires. Does anyone know where I can get a good set up for this kind of racing.

Thanks In Advance
David

p.s. I did get burned on this car, But I WILL have it in Top shape and flying soon!!!

Hey I just switched from running foams on carpet to rubber tires on carpet (tyres for the brits) and I completely changed the setup. I ran the car for about ten minutes with the foam setup and then went home and put on a much softer setup with higher roll centers. The lap times dropped by about a half second with the new setup. Hope it helps.

Front

Red Spings, 35wt oil, 2 pistons, shocks-lower outer hole, shocks-upper 3rd hole in, largest sway bar, .09 shims under inner camber link(third hole in), .050 roll center spacers, no ackerman

Rear

Blue springs, 35wt oil, 2 pistons, shocks-upper 2nd hole in, shocks-lower outer hole, no sway bar, no spacers under upper camber link (farthest hole in), .05 roll center spacers, circle block in front, 2.5 block in rear.

5mm ride hieght and a fair amount of droop with more in the rear. I am still playing with the droop. 4 deg caster blocks.

The car was run with no chassis stiffening and RP24 pre-mounts. The handling was neutral with a very slight amount of push. It was easy to drive and I was pretty happy with it. I am going to work on it some more by trying more toe in the rear and anti-squat and anti-dive settings, just to see if I can increase rear grip. If I can get more rear traction I'll add back in some more steering.