R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DC Motor Sports Discussion Thread:
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 AM
Curtis Schlaht
Tech Addict

You know Ernie: I’m an average US citizen, modest income, married, have a mortgage and a car payment, and now putting the wife through school. I make a decent living (at best), work well over 80 hours a week, and why, because I love doing what I do…. You know at one time I would have considered to you to be a friend, but your business ethicist has got in the way of that, much like you have trampled over others in the past….

Now speaking for 90% of the population here in the United States, ”The Average Joe”, the little guy, when some one takes away something that is owed to you WE (again, the average Joe here) take it personally, which I’m sure most of the people here can relate to. We’ve all been ripped of some how, either through Ebay or direct dealing with unscrupulous individuals, bottom line, it SUCKS!!!!….

I spent 2 1/2 day preparing your order, per the specifications given to me at the time. Winding arms isn’t the easiest work, but defiantly isn’t the hardest either, just time consuming. There was absolutely NO reason why you shouldn’t have been able to pay me the extra money that was owed, Jesus Christ (sorry lord), but you probably grossed 10 Million dollars last year, I grossed 1% of that at best!!! Someone from your company made a mistake, which happens, you should have been the bigger person and paid what was DUE…. Ernie there was no reason for you to rip me off, other than you wanting to flex your muscles, trying to show me who’s boss, ya you’re a real tuff guy aren’t you?

I gave you the ultimatum to settle this debt for 80% of what's owed; this is fair enough via the business ethics you dealt me. You haven’t even counter offered by crediting us with what you short changed us for in the first place!!!! (See DC Inv # 430). Ernie, This just shows what type of company you really run. You’d rather rip off a hard working citizen (the little guy, the average Joe) than suck up your mistake and be out of packed a few bucks. You’re a class act, a perfect example of how to make it to the top by stepping on those that helped you get there, just ask you employees….

You know, it’s no wonder why you need to run 20 pages of advertising in RC Car Action and need to sponsor/PAY the most drivers in the industry to TRY and stay on top. Perhaps if you’d just realize that the average Joe (your customers) doesn’t like being taken advantage of and only requires what’s’ being promised to him in the fist place you’d be a richer, healthier individual, and everyone would love you for it….You’ve got a great personality, great people skills (except for on this occasion) great humor and fun to be around (for the most part). What on gods green earth would posses you to take advantage of me? I still don’t get it….

I have heard of your recent health issues, and I sincerely wish you the best oh health. Your children need a positive roll model in there life, someone to teach them right from wrong, someone to teach them the ethics that was left out of your upbringing….

My offer still stands, 80% of the total amount due, or I’ll see you in small claims court, and then I can actually get the money you owe me credited to this!!!

Best Regards,

Curtis Schlaht Jr.