R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 10:49 PM
cheehtae
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Just finished racing my 05 at the first leg of our West Canadian Indoor Champ Series. Ultra impressed with the car. I did find a few problems. The car handled superb, and was actually puting down times exactly the same as a fk05. Now, if we had any kind of tech at the race, i think the 05 would have pulled ahead, as my 05 was carrying ALOT more weight that the FK. It was setup for stock, 28mm jacos on ozite carpet, PF G6 body. I also included 2 fans for the motor, and the motor ran strong from the start to finish. Heres the setup -

Front
Jaco Double Pink/Orange
Ball Diff, Loose but no slip
Spring - Old black springs from a onroad nitro car (just run something HARD!)
Blue sway bar
Ride height - 4.5mm
Droop - 1mm
Camber - 1.5
Camber Link - 5mm spacer
Toe - 0
Centre - Oneway
Belt - Loose but no slip (cant remember hole!)

Rear
Jaco Double Pink
Ball Diff, Loose but no slip
Spring - Tamiya Red (Softer handled better)
No sway bar
Ride Height - 4.5mm
Droop - 1.5 - 2mm
Camber - 1.5
Toe - set to 2
Camber Link - Inside no spacers - Outside 1mm spacer
Rear uprights - Alloy - Middle Hole

Missed TQ by .02 of a second, and that wasnt a clean run. The car was perfect. Carried tremendous corner speed, was VERY stable under brakes, and through the sweepers. Also very good on change of direction. I got hacked on the first corner and realised straight away something was wrong. front toe was way out, and it only got worse. The left hand servo mount had broken. I was running a metal gear servo, metal servo horn, and no saver. Ill be on the look out for a alloy servo mount for the 05. Apart from this tiny peice, the car was FAST. Not bad for a plastic 05 against a top of the line FK05!

I didnt change anything from this setup except the front camber link height. I started at around 6mm, and dropped to 5mm for a little more steering. Also just re-adjusted ride height and droop after every second run, to allow for changes in tyre diametre.
Cool will try your set up this weekend, Im kinda close to your set up but not running any stabilizer bar , prolly that's why it tend to push coming out of the coner, what's the center one way actually do? is it good in carpet and what's your gearing --- mine is 98/27 on a 64 pitch with monster pro stock-