View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 01:07 AM   #14240
stjerno
Tech Adept

No bad felings from here
Your arms are creating the angle but the rearhubs are angled too.
The stock setup gives you 4 deg of rear toe where the 2 deg comes from the arms and 2 deg from the rear hubs. You can try to swap the rear hubs and see your toe change. There are 2 diff. rear knuckles for the Cuda (R3) 6311 and 6313, were the later is 1 deg compared to the org. 2 deg. You CAN'T SEE the diff on the knuckle... you will need to install it and messaure your toe on the car
Regarding the Xennon conversion, most people find it better than the org. R2 but it depends a lot on where you race, the best part of the conversion is the motor mount the will save you some stripped spurgears compared to the org. R2 motormount.

Later
Claus

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray racer
hey everyone,

just finished rebuilding my R2 and cleaning EVERYTHING lol

just a few quick questions if you wouldnt mind:

how do you guys all successfully and precisely get the rear toe-in angle right??? with the offset pivot ball adjustment etc??? i have the right toe at 2deg and left at 1deg but i cant get the left to 2

also, i asked previously about swapping left and right rear hubs-whether if was possible or not and was told no because they are angled... but as far as i can see its the arms that create the angle isnt it? when they mount on the pilow balls. I've seen nothing that suggests the hubs are angled but its noticable that the arms are. no disrespect to the person who answered my question previously- thank you, but i just cant figure it out

FINALLY (sorry to bother you all haha)... the xenon conversion is the way to go to make the R2 better right??? a long with aluminium parts. Would anyone have and pics and a price for the conversion??? and/or other aluminium parts?

thank you again very much, im still trying to get my head around this car so your help is much appreciated

cheers,

robbie
stjerno is offline   Reply With Quote