R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Touring car delema
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 07:49 PM
josh69162
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I remember back in the thread that was about the rising prices of kits, that it was mentioned since the Pro4 does not cost as much as the XRay, it's quality and finish, or capability, is inferior to the XRay, or Corally (something to that effect). I also remember that someone categorized the currect TC kits, with "luxury" and "lower tier," with the Pro4 being in the (you guessed it,) lower tier category. I would really like to dig these threads up, but I would be searching through half of RCTech's database. And besides, I've got homework to do (like that's gonna happen).
-Josh

I found a quote from ApexSpeed about "lower level" kits:

I completely disagree with that statement (Added by me- this "statement" said that buyers either had to fork it out or buy an RTR kit). The "mid-range" kits are out there, but how many of them do you see at the race track every weekend?

Touring cars: (prices from Stormer Hobbies, found in about 10 seconds)

Team Losi XXX-s Graphite Plus: $189.95
Associated Team TC4: $209.95
X-Ray T1Raycer: $242.95
Yokomo MR4TC: $269.95
HPI Pro4: $289.95

Notice that both the Pro4 AND TC4 are in this list. Why? No one will ever know... Unfortunately, this is the only thread I took part in, so I can't find the threads easily as I'm not subscribed to them.
-Josh

Last edited by josh69162; 11-06-2005 at 08:04 PM. Reason: adding a quote