R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:49 AM
floodo1
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
I believe it still depends on the driving skills. No matter how new an RC car is, it doesn't mean that it will beat the older models and its counterparts. Forget those retards. I've been driving my pro4 and very happy with it and its performance. I have friends and I also know some people who are driving the cyclone but all is fair on the track. Driving skills is very important. Don't let those retards intimidate you. I know some guys driving older models such as the TA-04 series and TC3s but they drive really good with their cars as well. They even sometimes beat some pro4s, FK05s, Yokomo BDs, and HB Cyclones on some races. It will also depend on your driving compatibility with the car you prefer. In my own preference, I like shaft driven cars especially the pro4 than the BDs. I drive better with SD cars.

Another thing, the pro4 will stay here and still be available on the market with its hop up parts for a longer period. I don't think that HPI will replace it soon. They release the 2005 version just to upgrade it. Not to phase it out.

Feel blessed. A lot of RC enthusiasts envy the pro4. Some just didn't have the chance to buy it, others just don't admit it that they are envy. Too much pride is killing them deep inside.

this really is debatable. the cg is much much higher on the pro4 than on the cyclone. also the cyclone has single bellcrank arm, which apparently surikarn has said is superior to bellcranks.

sot he only real advantages that the pro4 can have is shaft drive, and slightly better component placement (closer to centerline for lower polar moment of inertia).

which means that shaft drive had better be paying off large rewards in order to compensate for cg and ackerman changes on the cyclone.

usually newer is better. sure there may be some exceptions but i dont think the cyclone is an exception.

pro4 is around because its not a 400+ dollar car, its a lower level car.