R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pit area tool box?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 PM
DR.FeelGood
Tech Adept

Heck ya CUSTOM toolbox is the way to go, I use an ole plano tackle box from wal-mart

Here is my post from another thread!

At home and the race track, post your pics and ideas. Here are some of mine.

This is at home; I have a spare room that is dedicated to RC

Buggy and the REVO, buggy needs to be cleaned very badly

Picture of my most current car Pro4 setup for carpet!

Tool set up, this is so handy at the track keeps the tools in order and easy to grab!

This is my custom setup, I used a tackle box from Wal-Mart and adapted a computer power supply to run my ice charger. I have a battery cooling tray to cool the batteries when I get done with a race. I used a CPU cooling fan from a computer that is mounted under the batteries. This works great it will cool a pack in about 5 min or so after a race.

Cooling tray!

Computer power supply with dual banana jacks, I can run any charger from my box, and this allows me to transfer the power from the bottom of my box to the top.

Power switch to run my custom tackle box

This is the box from the top all ready to go, the batteries are mounted in the cooling tray, and I also have a switch that can control the fan. There is also actually still a lot of storage space in the box. I can still get a storage tray in the lower level of the box. When I am at the track I remove it to allow good air flow to the power supply. This box runs great and will run all day long.

So post your pics of your setups and anything custom that you may have created. Also any feedback of my setup would be great thanks a lot

Chris