R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Monster Truck is the most competitive racer???
Old 10-31-2005, 11:05 PM
mach51
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

the biggest advantage any monster truck is going to have is who is holding the controller. They all have their good points:
Savage - easily the most durable, just takes alot to be race worthy
Revo - Race ready right out of the box
LSP and Jammin - awesome, not always legal for certain classes
LST - best RTR electronics anywhere, breakage
MGT - handles great for a big truck
T-maxx - well, almost all have good points lol

I believe Scott Cramer won Production MT at RC Pro North this year with an MGT that had a box stock motor the first two rounds. Before going UMT, Matt Gosch did very well with his MGT also.

Matt Gosch didnt miss a beat when he went from LSP to Jammin this year either.

I currently own a Savage with what seems like a billion dollars in it, an MGT 4.60 with the FT steering and forward only, an LSP and a decked out Revo.

The LSP is the easiest to drive. Unless you bag the pipes it seems almost impossible to wreck it. The worst thing about it is club racing and having to listen to guys with REVO's whine about losing to it...

I just got my Revo the last couple weeks and havent got to race it but I can say in the driveway and yard it turns tighter than anything else I own. (Its got the RD Racing quick turn). Very peppy with the OS .18TM. Seems like it could use a longer wheelbase to be more stable but its a MT not a buggy.

If you plan on doing ANY bashing stick with the Savage, LST or MGT. The others are mainly for racing. No matter what, pick one and practice practice practice so you learn to drive it because they all drive differently.