R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T1FK05, cream of the crop, awsome engineering,lusted after ????
Old 10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
PaintingRoly
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

SOVIET- I see you keep starting thread about cars you feel have been looked over or made fun of TC4, and the JRXS. So I'll give you my opinions and first hand experiance with these cars.

TC4- while I think the FT TC4 is a sweet looking car it's 2 years late. While the TC3 was well ahead of it's time (in 1999) I think that by 2001/02 they could have released a NEW car not late 04, and then the TC4 they released was nothing more than what most guys (including factory guys) were moding their TC3's to. Yes the FT TC4 is new and different for Associated but other companys had already built that car the HPI PRO4 in early 04, Tamiya with the EVO III when I came back in early 03, and Yokomo also in early 03. The fact remains that Associateds parts quality leaves alot to be desired. I still have a TC3 but in 03 when I switched to a XRAY from the first Florida State race I had with it I went from barely making the A in stock and the bottom of the B in 19 turn to challenging for TQ in stock and making the A in 19 turn. I would rather run the BMI TC4 cause I just think that the materials BMI uses are better than Associateds. Just in case you think i'm an AE hater I own more AE cars than any others and I recently finished 4th in 1/12 at the ROAR on-road Nats with a Stock 12L4.

JRXS- This car I really like but have watched guys who I know to be good racers struggle with it. I had in my hand one of the first 20 before any pictures ever appeared on the net cause I'm real good freinds with a guy who was a full factory Team Losi driver and decided he would rather pay for an XRAY than run a FREE JRXS and his results resently show that he made a good decision.

On the FK05- Back in May at a State Race I was running an MI2 wich I had no luck with at all. On Friday after practice I went in the Hobby shop at the track bought a FK05 and a spool for it. Got 1 practice with it and Qualified 5th and had the lead with less than a minute to go and piped it by myself. I know of 3 guys that saw me do that and went and bought FK05's and ALL of them had atleast 50% off deals with other manufacturers.

GO XRAY

Roly