R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 08:36 AM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)
Default "Retread" questions camber

Just went over my tires from our last race to prep them for the next (measured and re-trued). On my CK 3.1R I ran Jaco grey rears and purple fronts at more-or-less "full" (out of package) diameter. This was my first 1/12 race in over 15 years. These were the first four packs on the chassis and it handled FAR better than I'd even dreamed, much less hoped.

My challenge for this week: I THINK I'm pretty close on setup as the car seemed to handle pretty well and I "only" got about 1.5mm od wear on the rear tires (and I'm guessing this will slow even further as the tires wear down) but the front tires exhibited definite camber wear to the inside. It was little enough difference that it was hard to see just looking at them (though once it was confirmed you could see it was the case) but when you held the tire in the caliper you could see that the inside edge was at least .5mm smaller od. I'm guessing, but I would think more even wear would be optimal.

My question is how much camber do most folks run? Any idea how much I should reduce my camber to eliminate the wear I've observed? I'm sure not much, but 1 degree? 1.5?

Many thanks,

Scottrik