R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T1FK05, cream of the crop, awsome engineering,lusted after ????
Old 10-30-2005, 01:02 AM
Team-RTR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bender
Hey, I don't own one, but I throw in my opinion anyway (and even go off-topic already)

I have seen drivers switch from older cars to the 05 and they have definately gone better, but they were what I call "first generation tourers, TC3 etc.

I'd like to see if someone switched from some current tc to an 05, if they would still go quicker - as a lot of these comparisons made over the net seem a little biased IMO.

But what about the great X-Ray quality? A US$400 car that comes with plastic shocks This is where I go off topic.....

Why is it that a few years ago US$280 was the "normal price" for a good-spec tc, and now they all come out for around US$400 with the claim that they don't need any hop-ups, yet only a couple of months after they are released the options come flooding

Xray05, Yokomo BD, Cyclone etc etc - all very expensive, all still require something or other to maximise their performance. If they still require the same level of hop-ups then why are they so much more expensive than the last generation of tc's?

They don't really cost much more to make so are we now paying for the development costs as well? I suppose it's supply and demand but anyone else feel like we're getting screwed?

Perhaps we need to stop listening to all the marketing hype!
one quick sydney driver recently switched from RDX to FK05. he is already quicker.