R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Factory Team TC4, rugburned, shunned and laughed at???
Old 10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
acyrier
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll keep that in mind! I just need to bite the bullet and figure out which car I want/can afford. heck, by the time I make a frigg'n decision. the 06 will be out, and my debate will start all over!
Speaking of that.. do we think X-ray will be shipping out a new design every year. Like somebody said earlier..the tc3 is a 6yrold design. and the tc4 isn't that far different. BMI's TC3 chassis (with the NTC steering mod) puts a LOT of the modifications into the tc3..battery placement, weight distribution.

Corner speed on TC4's... so if corner speed is the problem w/teh tc4's...what's the solution?
different tires? different suspension locations (mounting holes) Seems like besides shaft/belt we should be able to come close to duplicating the geometry of another car...x-ray for example) Even if the parts are not "superior", as long as there's not an a$$ load of slop should be equally fast. (or close enough) Our fast guy is pretty fast no matter what car he has. He's just that smooth around the corners...and consistant. Probably my biggest problem. But I don't think it's me. For example..my 12th scale...on the same track..my laptimes are MUCH more consistant from lap to lap then my TC. Makes me believe the car is the problem. I'm putting in a new servo (S9451) vs. the hi-tec one I got. The servo I have now (hi-tec) accounts for MORE then 1/2 the slop in the steering. Pretty lame really.