R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR, your incompetence is showing again...
Old 10-28-2005, 12:50 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Well let me play the devils advocate...in todays litigious society, is it fair for ROAR to expose itself to a potential liability when a non-ROAR sanctioned events advertises the enforcement of ROAR guidlines...although the ROAR rule book clearly states ROAR is not liable for any misuse of the rules, why should ROAR be involved. In Dawn's earlier example, a non-affilated ROAR track allows diesel fuel and flames to be used as traction compound...god forbid a child is injuried at this event.

And to get back to your 1st point...legal fees are nominal, compared to the fines for copyright infringement...
Your first example wouldn't be difficult to defend, and the latter assumes a track or club has assets worth the efforts. Not a very compelling argument.

You also mentioned members not willing to pay higher fees. Rarely have I heard that comment alone. Normally it is qualified by stating they would pay increased fees if Roar were more effective and thus they would see a return on the increase.

Perhaps its just me though. I simply think its unacceptable for Roar to further separate itself from club racing, which fees and lawsuits most certainly would do.