R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - which one is faster.... jp fx12t03 or rody v12
Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
TrickPonYracing
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jp has the worse support and in my opion make a junk engine... 1st run the clay came out of the crank .. then it took 6 months to get it back.. to find all they did was put a crank in it , didn't check the bearings or the piston and sleave..i put new ceramic in it myself at my expense the rest was ok i thought,, i put the motor up for a while and ran my nova max ,, we had a club race and i thought that would be a good time to put it in and try it out it ran a quart of gas on the test stand and 2 tanks in the car ,it was flying when it went south agian ,, just layed over going down the back straight came in at 206 deg. i leaned it up a little and it got worse one lap back to the pits .. while taking the motor out i removed the exhuste spring and motor mounts to see a crack above the wrist pin to right below the top of the piston ,,,.. back on the phone with mugen usa the importer and got the same run around,,, you know,,, it must have been something i did , overheated , don't now what i am doing , all in all not there PROBLEM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
jp motors are a piece of junk in my book buy the rody