R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin
Thread: Tekin
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Michal101
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I just got my new G11, a couple local guys (sponsored) have been hyping it up. I was expecting a real kick a$$ ESC. I hooked up and the thing just goes total ape sheet. Totaly confused, I checked everything and it was all correct but, the throttle made the servo go crazy and the steering knob messed with the motor. I decided to hook up a receiver pack and voila, the thing runs like a dream. I decided to check out Tekin's website to see if they had any ideas what was up and yes, apparently, they've known that this would happen. The digital servo draws too much power and you can bypass the bec but, don't recommend doing anything against the servo specs.

Does anyone have any real ideas? I'm not running a separate receiver pack and I'm not giving up my awesome servo or Spektrum because this new esc doesn't work right with them. Is this an expensive paperweight?

I'm running KO 2363, Spektrum, hopefully G11,
When I run my GTX, I have no problems at all.

If I had known this was going to happen, I would've left the 180 bucks in my pocket.
Tim,

That is one thing really great about having local sponsored guys...having them available to lend a hand and get the problem resolved!

I will see you this weekend and help wherever is needed. Or you can call or e-mail me.

BTW, thanks Jeff.

Mike

Last edited by Michal101; 10-26-2005 at 10:05 AM. Reason: mispeeled