R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Intellect Battery 3800
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 06:56 AM
teamgp
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Alex_kipper
Hey guys would it be safe to run a pack twice in a night?

I have been told that the cells could vent on me, durring the second charge.
I have two main packs that I alternate with on race day weekly. I've had them for three months now. One is used for the 1st and 3rd qualifier and the other for the 2nd qualifier and the main. In cycling them on my Futaba CDR5000 to mimick the two runs on race day, the cells always have a little more runtime and voltage in the second run.

On my LRP, I use a 20mv cutoff and the cells will reach approx 118-120F when the peak beep goes off and will climb another 10F and then come back down. On the CDR, I have to use a 6mv/cell cutoff to keep it from false peaking, but I also have the temp cutoff set to 122F just in case. They normally also peak around 118-120F with the Futaba's higher peak cutoff.

The cells always start to vent a little around 115F about a minute before peaking. However, this has not been a problem and their performance still seems consistent with when I first received them. I'm actually cycling them today on the CDR to see how their performance is and I'll post the results later.