R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Klein or Customworks??? That is the question?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:03 PM
woodytx
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hick
A loaded question...Klein and CW ??? I have campaigned two Electric CW Sprints for over 3 years now. If I was to start racing Nitro Sprints I would go with Klein. This is what I have observed first hand that makes Klein a better choice over CW. IMO:

Dennis supports his team and his cars like a mother hen. Parts are readily available, at your LHS or online. He and his team drivers are truly into helping you out trackside. BTW, the R&D Driver races in your area. The cars appear to be easily to set-up and race on any surface. Cars are made of better materials.

However, there are several other options!
Taking nothing way from the CW, IMO the Klein is un-matched in quality. The Klein is NOT mass produced, packaged in a sharp 4 color box, a "open bag A see figure 2C" kit. The Klein IS, precision machined one at the time by Dennis himself; super high quality, very drivable, extremely durable, great looking R/C sprint. Dennis races, researches and builds these cars. They are very consistent but also very nearly "one offs". Since they are machined by "the man" you get a great quality car but you need to be patient. It is like dealing with a great gun smith or any other artesian. You get you pay, and wait for just the best sprint car out there (IMO). Parts availability is really no big deal. The plate, cage, arms and front and rear shock towers are the only truly Klein parts on the car. Everything else is basically AE and available just about any where. It is very unlikely that you will break the cage or plate so keep a couple extra shock towers and set of arms on hand and your good. You will more than likely invest in these spares no matter what you drive.