R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
rayhuang
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Bob-elementary stuff here-but a good 12th is all about precision building and repeatability of set-up. ONce youve established a set-up that you like-every week it just about rebuilding it to the same spec.

It takes nothing to screw up a 12th scale. something as simple as slightly overtightening the plastic cup on the pivot ball on the t-plate could have you scratching your head for weeks if left undetected. Same thing with the front end. Too much slop in the kingpins or conversely anything bound up in the front will cause i'll handling. Were not even talking badly bound up.

I just built a L4 for a local guy who doesnt run 12th scale much and he put it in the show at Vegas. Car came home and another drivers been running it (also not a 12th scale driver) and he TQ'd and won the last race with it. TLC in building is key.

If it were any other time of year-you could ship me your car and I'd go through it for you. But the Champs are coming up...and I just got a dog, and my lawn needs raked and........

But I am more than happy to help you! [email protected]

Ray