R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 02:02 AM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xray_fk05
i am thinking of getting a 1/12 but i am abit puzzeled on what to buy can anyone point me in the right direction and i am not looking at spending to much and doesnt matter if its an older model as i am only 14. and one more question how long do the tyres last roughly

i live in australia
Best go for the car you can most easliy get parts for, as there are no bad cars out there. A good choice might be to start of with a used car of one of your fellow racers, who could also help you with your basic setup.
I run my tires for at least three races on carpet. That is for purple fronts and grey rears on a Associated 12L4 running modified motors.
It seems to help with wear if you rotate a set or two of tires during a day of racing. Most important is to stiffen the sidewall of your tires with CA, to avoid chunking (chunks of tires coming off when crashing) and rollovers.

You will find that with a little patience you will become a better driver when you master this class of racing, and have a lot of fun running this relatively less expensive class!