R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI FK05/ Other upgrades
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Hyperform Racing
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thebrad
Anyone know more about this Hyperform chassis? I went to their website, but it doesn't tell you a whole lot.
I'll have more info up with pictures of the production kits shortly.

For now, besides the info at this link http://www.hyperform-racing.com/fk05_conversion.htm here is a summary I posted on our thread the other day...

I actually spent a great deal of time making sure we didn't change the weight bias/layout much. The best part of the conversion is the quality of the carbon fiber. All components are cut from 3mm quasi with a much lower resin content then all other carbon fiber used in RC that I know of. This gives you the stiffest possible chassis period. When combined with our top deck, the car is a rock letting the suspension do the work.

The chassis is routed 0.5mm deep so that the bulkheads, standoffs and motor mount sit at the same roll center and CG as the stock chassis. We have added a battery tape slot like BMI pioneered as well as diff cutouts both front and back. This was done to avoid interfering with the belt or diff since everything sits closer to the chassis. We also made the spur cutout longer so you can utilize larger spurs with out any modification. Very important for 19t and mod.

The front and rear shock towers are such that no modification is required to slam the body for carpet.

The conversion includes chassis, top deck and shock towers for $99.99