R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho FW-05R
Thread: Kyosho FW-05R
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 03:52 AM
Im2lazy
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NiMo
I agree with Jeffreylin although I have yet to find a place where I could use either 23T or 28T gears, but at some I do use the 20T gear (mostly I use 21/26), this is using the 37T rings so maybe the 38T rings would be the better option.
I already have the 39t hardened bevel gears, and with my motor, I could probably use the 23t gear, and I already use the 28t Mugen gear (Mugen gears last a heck of a lot longer than Kyosho gears) and with my habit of running tiny tires, the 23/28 combo would probably work well.
Using the standard gearing (and 39t bevel gears) the low-end was so powerful that it just spun the tires if I pegged the trigger, and the straight was almost painful. I found going to the 22t pinion gear gave me what seemed to be much quicker acceleration from just about every corner... and sometimes with the 22t gear, I still feel the motor could pull a taller gear.

I'm just voicing my experience with this car (for no reason in particular). I still love the way this car has so much punch! Its a ballsey-blast motoring around the track, lighting the tires at will .