R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS
Thread: Team Losi JRXS
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 08:48 PM
RCknight
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
imjonah, if the faster racers in your area stick with their XXX-S cars then it will continue to win, if they get a JRX-S, then it will be the new fastest car.

Some thoughts from Obe'wan.....

When the car we like wins it's because of the car, when one we don't like wins, it's 90% driver.

Some who have only raced "a few times" can tell how a car will perform from looking at pics of it on the internet.

, Jim
Sure...sure...thing is I don't see any advantages that over ride a simple and easy chassis to tear down and maintain. Something that's durable and easy to work on. Since the pros have been using the JRX-S, I don't see them doing much with it. At the pro or at the local level. Yea, it's the driver, but then that would just confirm what I'm saying. It's easy to see that it's not making a difference. Yes, it's not bad, but is it so much better than a simple designed tc? That should come out at the pro level and I don't see it. Yea, I'm no engineer, but I can make observations and I do have a nack for knowing what the masses want at a club level. Back in the HPI's forum, during the release of the Pro 2, back then I was asking for what the current crop of TCs are now. My predictions haven't been wrong about a product yet. I applaud Losi for giving us something new, but it's not worth a chassis with no room, no durability, too many screws to fix a tweak, and now three upper decks to get it done. Again that just my opinion and it means nothing. I just think a cf XXX-S could be as good or better as anything out there today. With a similar design it would be way easier car to work on and maintain. The XXX-S was a stroke of genius. I wish they would have evolved it, but instead they discontinue it. What about the new person that gets into the hobby. Those people are the masses, and yes they want something easy to work on, maintain and durable. I think one reason why the XXX-S is so easy to drive is that it is stable and it doesn't transition weight so quickly. I want something that is durable, quick/easy to make setup adjustments, that easy to drive, easy to maintain and fix. A revised cf XXX-S would fit the mold and I know it would sell at the local level. Just my opinion and this should not prevent people from getting a JRX-S, well, not until a revised XXX-S comes out. I love to debate my opinions, that's all.