R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Racers Organization (R/C Club)
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
shodaman
Tech Apprentice

Default Meeting Minutes

Here's an email that I sent out to everyone that I have email addresses for. If you would like to be added or removed from the list just let me know.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone that attended the October 6th Meeting. Again, we had some great discussions to organize the 2006 race season. Thank you to Chad Yost, Lance Leapley, and Kent Sorenson for bringing the chips, salsa, soda pop and cookies to munch on during the meeting. The next club meeting is scheduled for Tuesday November 1st at 7pm at the East Park HobbyTown. I typed up the minutes of the meeting and have attached them below. Hope to see all of you at the next meeting. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email me. Thanks.

Jason Meyer

Midwest Racers Organization

Midwest Racers Organization

Minutes of Meeting held October 6th 7:00pm

East Park Hobby Town USA

The meeting began with a recap of what was all decided in the last meeting.

Name of club

What type of membership are we going to have

Nomination of officers

Formation of committees and signups

Open Discussion

The first new business discussed was the race schedule.

The main portion of the discussion was when should we start racing. It was decided that mid April would be best for weather and holidays. Oval Racing will be on Wednesday nights starting at 7pm beginning April 19th. Off Road Racing will be on Tuesday nights starting at 7pm and Saturday afternoons starting at 1pm beginning April 22nd. On Road Racing will be on Sunday afternoons starting at 1pm beginning April 23rd. We tried to discuss when our big trophy races will be held but it was thought to be too early to plan these as of yet. We will try to gather as much information on big R/C races in the area and other big events that would conflict with a weekend for a trophy race at the racetracks. We will continue to work on a trophy race schedule.

Next on the agenda was a presentation of some examples of ByLaws of other clubs.

A lot of work and research is being done to come up with an acceptable set of

ByLaws for this organization to operate under. Jamee Everson is preparing a rough draft for the board to look over and these will then be presented to the club to be discussed.

Lance Leapley gave us a full financial breakdown and forecast for the club.

Brandon with HobbyTown gave us records of incomes and expenses that were realized during the 2005 season. Based on these numbers Lance was able to setup a budget for the three tracks and some financial goals that we can try to attain with memberships. There are several things that needed before the 2006 race season. Laptop Computer, traction compound, etc. Items like this is why it is so important to get some membership dues coming in so that we can make some of these purchases.

At this time a print out of three logos prepared by Nolan Waak were passed around and people were asked to put their initials by the one that they liked most so that Nolan could get an idea what we were looking for.

The next meeting for the club will be held on Tuesday November 1st at 7pm.

Meeting Adjourned