R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:50 PM
MobileIT
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NickRosie
Okay, maybe I sould explain my situation a little better! I recently (2 weeks ago) bought and built a TA05. I've added TRF shocks, TA05 front and rear damper stays and a stabilizer kit. Apart from these, my car is set up according to the manual!

My issue- I'm due to compete in my second race meeting (Tamiya Cup) after my first was dismal to say the least. Didn't finish either of my 2 qualifiers and came second last in the main race.

The track has two large straights which I'd like to capitalize on. At the end of both straights are two sharp corners and the rest of the track is made up of fast, long corners.

I plan to race superstock with either a Tamiya TZ or RZ motor. If anyone has a similar type car and setup to mine, I would REALLY appreciate any advise in terms of general setup, shock setup, stabilizers or anything else! I am desparate to compete properly!
There are a number of setups described within the last 10 - 15 pages of this discussion. Read those and you will know a lot of what is known about this car so far. You have not really said much about the track (not even if it is carpet or asphalt), nor have you said what happened that stopped you from finishing in your 2 qualifiers.

A basic question: Do you know the difference between a car that is "loose" and a car that is "tight"?