R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - lrp brushless esc
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 06:59 AM
STEALTH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thepitcrew - You want to generalize about failure rates and statistics... go right ahead. Go back a few pages on this thread and count the number of people who have had "issues" or know of others who have them and tell us if its a high or low failure rate. To me just having one go bad on you for no apparent reason is unacceptable and most here would feel the same way especially when its their own hard earned cash that paid for it! So far the more time that passes the more complaints have been posted. Sadly...it sounds like a slowly growing trend. As for a "bad product"... I would never say Brushless Motor Systems for the Electric RC industry are a bad product. Its probably one of its greatest evolutions! I'm glad LRP has jumped into the market feet first and that they will try to give Novak a good run! What I can't do (at least at the moment) is recommend and tout it as I have seen first hand the issues that plague it. What they have is a product with a lot of potential but needs refinement. Novak's problem a few years ago involved having to update the software which they addressed promptly. In the end... it's just a big disappointment to a number of us here who had such high expectations for it. I'm sure this will eventually get worked out... but its just going to take time. So yes, I guess you could say some of us early adopters are the brunt of the failure rate.

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-10-2005 at 08:36 PM.