R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM
johnbull
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
I think that Johnbull has his own issues with the car. The tape is just a side bar. Everything that I have seen since the car was release was how he hacked it all up to make it better. From what I know, they were really successful with the TC3. This is a different car. Maybe its no longer the car for him. Yeah I know...Im expecting all the comments. Hey Im just stating my opinion based on the facts that were in front of me. JohnBull. I wish you all the success in the world, but it sounds as if this is the wrong car for you. If you chose the Yok, I suggest you talk to Matt Howard. He will be able to help you get "up to speed" very quickly. If I were in your shoes....I would wait for the new Schumacher...it seems you do primarily rubber tire racing and in my opinion that car is going to be one to be wreckoned with.

now back to our regularly scheduled programming
Bob, sorry my friend, I think you've got your knickers in a bit of a twist. Far from hacking about with the TC4FT, I have never owned one yet. We did have an original TC4 and we got that to go extremely well - fastest TC4 at the recent KO Grand Prix at West London.

I then played with a BMI TC4 and just last Sunday my son broke his own lap record and the outright circuit record with the car, so it goes brilliantly too.

However, last week I received my first customer FT and have just finished building it. I am so impressed with the car that I have today ordered a further 2, one of which I plan to build for Josh to race this coming season, so let's get things straight - the TC3 was great, the TC4 was even better, and the FT is going to be even better still, despite the lack of a battery strap.

This does not however absolve AE from the ridiculous omission of a simple thing like a battery bar. It would make a brilliant car even better and noone would have anything to criticise.

Instead AE spoilt the proverbial ship for a halfpenny worth of tar. However I consider it such a good car that despite the misgivings it's still worth me making my own battery strap.

Hopefully that has got the record straight.

As for Yokomos, whilst I run AE cars for my son, I myself have always run Yokes for myself. The best of both worlds you could say !